Mr. Vuong Duc Hoang Quan (on the right) is granting the decision of approving the project “FPT supports the training of IT human resources” to Mr. Tran Ngoc Tuan (on the left) – Director of FPT International Training Institute
The ceremony of granting the decision and signing to receive the loan was presided by Mr. Nguyen Anh Tuan – Vice-Director of Ho Chi Minh City Service of Information and Communication, and Mr. Vuong Duc Hoang Quan – Vice Chairman of Management Board of IT human resources development fund.
IT human resources development fund was founded in order to provide financial supports to IT human resources development programmes and learners as well as projects investing in training IT. IT human resources development fund’s capital when founded was 20 billion VNDs, directly under the management of Ho Chi Minh City Service of Information and Communication.
FPT-Aptech & FPT-Arena are the first units chosen by the Fund to provide loans to students with a 0% interest rate.
Content 2 in the curriculum of Aptech International Programmer and Arena Multimedia Fine Art has been assessed by the Council in terms of training quality; students’ results in the university entrance exam, prestige of the training organization.
With the 2-billion-VND loan in 2009, FPT will deploy the enrolment without immediate tuition fees for 200 new students registering for the courses of international programmers or multimedia fine arts at FPT-Aptech and FPT-Arena centres in Ho Chi Minh City.
Students and their families will not have to immediately pay tuition fees during the whole 6-month semester, and those fees will be covered by the supporting loan of 10 million VNDs/student at 0% interest rate. Students receiving this loan will pay back after finishing this course in installments of about 800,000 VNDs/month in one year.
At the ceremony, 10-million-VND loans with 0% interest rate were granted to students participating in the programme “Study at FPT without immediate tuition fees” after they had passed the tests of English and mathematical logical thought for the International Programmer Course or the test of creative thinking for the Multimedia Fine Art Course.
Overview of FPT-Aptech & FPT-Arena:
- The FPT-Aptech International Programmer Training System was founded in 1999 and now under FPT University.
- FPT-Aptech currently has 7 centres, 4 in Ho Chi Minh City and 3 in Hanoi. It also acts as the founder and operator of a system of 36 Aptech centres in Vietnam on the Franchise model of Aptech India.
- After 10 years of operation, FPT-Aptech has trained 5,000 programmers and has won the trust of learners and employers.
- At the beginning of 2009, FPT-Aptech received the ICT Awards from Ministry of Information and Communication, a big national award.
- In addition, FPT-Aptech has also got the titles of 6 successive years of winning TOP ICT Training Cup at Vietnam ComputerWorld Expos from 2003 to 2008, “Sao Khue” Awards from VINASA in 3 years and certificates of merits in 6 successive years from Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee for achievements in training in 6 successive years.
- The FPT-Arena Multimedia Fine Art Training System was founded in 2004 with the direction FPT Corporation wanted to prepare for – digital-content industry development trend.
- FPT-Arena now has 4 centres, 3 of which are in Hanoi and 1 in Ho Chi Minh City. The specialty in the training of FPT-Arena is that students can work for advertisement and graphics designing companies immediately when they have finished the first 6-month semester.
- Currently, FPT-Arena’s students are overtaking important roles in the phases of designing, creative idea, graphics,… in big corporations such as Gameloft, Vinagame, FPT Online, Class eges… The digital-content art exhibition with the name “Just do it” has been regarded as the brand of FPT-Arena’s students, and after 3 successive years of organization, it has become an art “floor” to express their creative ideas and professional skills.