PhD. Truong Gia Binh – President of Vietnam Software Association (VINASA) and Chairman of FPT Corporation, is a member of the Consultation Council of the Board.
PhD. Le Truong Tung – Rector of FPT University, take part in the IT subdivision. He is the only representative of IT universities and colleges to be named in the member list of the Consultation Council of the National Instruction Board for Information Technology.
The president of the Council is PhD. Nguyen Minh Hong, Deputy Minister of Information and Telecommunications.
The function of the Consultation Council is to give advice on the 2009 IT White Book proposal, Vietnam ICT Index and other key activities.
In accordance with the conclusion of the session dated 3rd April 2009 of the National Instruction Board for Information Technology, the office of the Board shall carry out research on the IT ranking indices and methodologies to assess the application of information technology by ministries, sectors and localities. The office is also responsible for declaring the IT White Book published by the Ministry of Information and Telecommunications and cooperate with VINASA to make assessments on the Vietnam ICT Index in 2008.
The Board requested that in 2009, the Ministry of Information and Telecommunications should complete the portfolio of national key products of information technology in the 2010-2015 period to propose to the Government in August 2009 for approval; provide guidelines to the subdivisions and local departments on online meeting; evaluate the exploitation potential of shared software in state agencies and deliver questionnaires on the result and effects of the 2008 ICT Award for further adjustment in the following years.
Furthermore, the Consultation Council is expected to be formed in 2009. The vice president of the Council, the special correspondent to the Prime Minister, shall consider the decision of establishment of the Council with the above-mentioned functions.
Also in this year, the National Instruction Board for Information Technology is going to hold the third session in November 2009 to review the proposal of IT White Book and the plan to develop and exploit shared software by state budget and to assess the application and development of information technology in 2009 and strategies set in 2010.
NAME LIST OF THE CONSULTATION COUNCIL OF THE NATIONAL INSTRUCTION BOARD FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY AND ITS SUBDIVISIONS.
(attached with the Decision No. 18/BCD dated 12th August 2009 by the Director of the National Instruction Board for Information Technology)
I. Name list of the Consultation Council:
- PhD. Nguyen Minh Hong – Deputy Minister of Information and Telecommunications; President of the Council;
- PhD. Truong Gia Binh – President of VINASA- Member;
- PhD. Tran Ngoc Ca – Vice Director of Science and Technology Policy Strategy Institute, Ministry of Science and Technology- Member;
- M.A. Chu Tien Dzung – President of Ho Chi Minh City Computer Association- Member;
- PhD. Hoang Minh Hai – Vice Director of Economic Forecast Center, Ministry of Planning and Investment- Member.
- PhD. Tran Quang Hung – General Secretary of Vietnam Electronic Industries Association- Member.
- M.A. Nguyen Thanh Hung – Manager of e-Commerce and IT Division – Ministry of Industry and Trade- Member;
- Assoc. Prof. PhD. Vu Duy Loi – Director of IT Center, Central Communist Party Committee Office- Member.
- PhD. Thang Van Phuc – Former Deputy Minister of Home Affairs- Member;
- PhD. Do Xuan Tho- President of VINASA - Member;
- Assoc. Prof. PhD Vu Duc Thi – Director of IT Institute, Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology - Member;
II. Name list of IT application subdivision:
- PhD. Nguyen Viet Chien – Director of Center of Information and Statistics, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development- Member;
- Prof. PhD. Major General Pham The Long – Director of Military Technology Institute- Member.
- PhD Quach Tuan Ngoc – Chief of IT Division, Ministry of Education and Training- Member;
- PhD Phung Van On – Director of IT Center- Ministry of Traffic and Transportation- Member;
- PhD Ngo Hai Phan – Deputy Director of Department of State Administrative Organization and Public Affair, Government Office- Member;
- PhD Nguyen Thanh Phuc – Chief of IT Application Division, Ministry of Information and Telecommunication- Member;
- M.A. Phi Van Tham – Chief of Medical IT Instruction Board, Ministry of Health- Member.
- PhD. Nguyen Thanh Tuyen – Vice Manager of IT Department, Ministry of Information and Telecommunications- Member;
III. Name list of Subdivision of Industry and Information Technology:
- Assoc. Prof. PhD. Nguyen Minh Dan – Director of Science and Technology Department, Ministry of Information and Telecommunications- Member;
- M.A. Nguyen Trong Đuong – Vice Director of Science and Technology Department, Ministry of Information and Telecommunications- Member;
- M.A. Vu Hoang Lien – General Director of VDC - Member;
- M.A. Nguyen Long – General Secretary of VINASA- Member;
- PhD. Do Van Loc – Director of Hi-tech Department, Ministry of Science and Technology- Member;
- PhD Hoang Le Minh – Director of Institute of Software Industry and Digital Content, Ministry of Information and Telecommunications- Member;
- PhD Le Truong Tung – Rector of FPT University - Member;
IV. Experts from foreign enterprises and organizations:
- PhD. Chieteuk Ahn – Deputy Senior President of Electronics and Telecommunication Research Institute of the Republic of Korea (ETRI)- Member;
- Mr. Christophe Desriac – General Director of Microsoft Viet Nam - Member;
- Mr. Hany Gabriel – Director of Internet Technology Solution Development, CISCO- Member;
- Mr. Than Trong Phuc – General Director of Intel Viet Nam - Member;
- Mr. Le Thanh Tam – General Director of IDG Viet Nam - Member.